What is Uveitis?
Uveitis is a general term for inflammation and infections inside the eye. It can affect one or both eyes, and people of all ages.
- Common symptoms are: eye redness, eye pain, light sensitivity and blurred vision.
- Recent studies have shown that uveitis is more common and severe in people who smoke cigarettes.
- We encourage you to quit smoking – a major modifiable factor in this condition.
- Left untreated, severe uveitis can cause retinal detachment and permanent vision loss.
- Our goal is to maximize your vision and improve your quality of life.
Learn more about Uveitis:
Or call us at
Questions? We’re here to help.
As President of the American Retina Forum, Dr. Pandya continues to be a leader within the Vitreoretinal community both locally and nationwide. Dr. Pandya strives to provide personalized and compassionate care for all of his patients.