What are Retinal Tears?
Retinal Tears are caused by separated and damaged Retina due to Vitreous gel ‘pulling’ on the Retina surface. Retinal tears are more common in patients that are nearsighted, as their retina can be thinner.
- Often preceded by ‘Flashes and Floaters’, Retinal Tears may cause a ‘dark curtain’ over your eyesight.
- It is a ‘game-changing’ condition leading to vision loss unless repaired with surgery.
- Retinal Tears may be treated with laser treatment to prevent it from becoming a full-on Retinal Detachment.
- If you are having ‘Flashes and Floaters’ or decreased vision, please contact Dallas Retina Center for an evaluation.
- Our goal is to maximize your vision and improve your quality of life.
- For more information on Retinal Detachments, please read Dr. Pandya’s Emergency Medicine Article on Retinal Detachments.
Learn more about Retinal Tears:
Or call us at
Questions? We’re here to help.
As President of the American Retina Forum, Dr. Pandya continues to be a leader within the Vitreoretinal community both locally and nationwide. Dr. Pandya strives to provide personalized and compassionate care for all of his patients.